Monday, October 27, 2008

Friday night

ˇ
I had me a lil ol' celebration of my fantastic 30 years of life, coupled with a housewarming.


I'm trying to get the music list done, and downing my first glass of wine. Do you see why I don't blog more often? My desk is still-to-be-unpacked-boxes, and my chair is a still-to-be-unpacked suitcase.


There was still paper on the windows because we haven't bought curtains / blinds yet. We haven't decided what we want yet. Paper works for now. Haute Couture. The latest in window treatment design. By my 3rd glass of wine, incidentally, I was going into great detail on how to avoid an episiotomy via perineum massage with my pregnant friend and her husband, seen here.


I don't remember, but I'm sure it was really funny.


UFO?


We make such a CUTE couple! Notice the tilt in the glass numero 4?


I do actually have friends, I just need to throw parties to get them to come around more often.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

You look like you had a wonderful time. It is nice to know you are not stuck there with no friends!! I do love the paper on the windows I will not lie I have blankets covering some of ours still. I am hoping that is not your friends first baby as you may have scared the life out of her. You look a bit giddy explaining the perineal massage technique!!
Glad you got to have some wine and celebrate!!

Theresa said...

You see why I shouldn't drink! Poor thing... it is her first baby and I told them my hoo-ha looks like I swallowed dynamite. I will call her to do some damage control.

Ndinombethe said...

You look absolutely lovely - you glow at 30!!!

And yeah, congrats on scaring the hell out of your friend, and her husband who now has images of massaging her hoo-ha to avoid an episiotomy! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a fun birthday!
Any dynamite hoo-hoo comments are excusable due to wine. Word.

Nan Sheppard said...

Sam is hanging over my shoulder going "WAIT! Aunty Theresa! AND it's her 30th birthday???"

"Happy Birthday, Aunty Theresa!"

And Chas says "ME TOO!"

And Max says "What?"

You look totally gorgeous, is what I say!

Anonymous said...

What a grand time! You wear 30 well!

chickenfootsouseforthesoul said...

Guidooooooooooooo!
Say hi to the Guid-meister for me please, and also to Anuor...was that his name?
Glad you had a great day
S

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a nice time. Well done - given the long stretches you seem to be alone - it's good to get together with people when you can.

BTW, 30 looks very good on you.

Trac said...

Is there a law that states that all women from Trinidad have to be gorgeous?