Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sharing the love

So there I was, sitting at my dining table / desk, staring out the window at the night-lights of Tallinn... well those on my street anyway, and completely lost as to what to blog about. I mean, I started this because I had SO much to say and nobody to say it to, right? I have never been accused of being the silent type, so did I really have NOTHING to over-share with the the world? I had been in this slump for nearly a week now.

But then!! Dum da da DUUUMMMMM!!!

Bluebella to the rescue!!! A Wonder Woman hard-working mom to twin toddlers with a beautiful new baby on the way who, no matter what life throws at her, finds a way to love and laugh.

She awarded Moi, ahem, with this lovely Pink Rose award cuz she thinks I'm cool like that :)

Suddenly we had something to write about! I don't call 'em Me Muses for nuthin.

And because it is better to give than to receive, here is who I pass this award onto:
Nan who gave me the encouragement and inspiration I needed to start blogging.
My friend Nalini who doesn't blog, but who is my sister in this and who knows how many other lives.
Antique Mommy who always makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Scary Mommy, a beautiful mama who really isn't scary at all.
All the bloggers at API who never fail to provide the support we all need as mamas.


*****

In this blogosphere we read and feel each other's joys and pains. When people can't hope for themselves, we try to have hope for them, even if we feel that all hope is lost on our own situations. No matter how we express it, what I think we feel but do not often say about hope is this: we hope will have the strength to live through whatever is handed to us, and that come what may, we will be alright.

How many pink roses do you know? How many times have you wanted to let them know that they are appreciated and that you find them and their words beautiful? How many times have you wanted to lift someone up and said a silent prayer that she or he would be able to heal? How many times have you felt a fellow blogger's isolation and wanted reach out to let them know they weren't alone? Here's your chance. Give the Pink Rose Award to those who inspire you or need to be inspired, to those who have encouraged you or those who need encouragement.

Here's what to do:
1. On your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post. You will find the story behind the Pink Rose Award and other graphics to choose from there.
2. Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs (if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.
3. Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.
4. If you are selected, pass it on by giving the Pink Rose Award to others.
5. If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.
6. You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else.

3 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Congrats on your Pink Rose Award! I originated the award, and I like watching it travel around the blogosphere. I especially like it when I see that it's helped pull someone out of a slump. It's serving its purpose! Thanks for passing it along! I've added you to the list of recipients and I'm going to add those who you've given it to! Congrats again!

Scary Mommy said...

Ohhhh, What a sweet award!
And thank you for passing it on!! I am honored!

(and you are cool like that :))

Nan Sheppard said...

Thank you sweetie! I actually do need this to pull ME out of a minor slump too! I love to get flowers. I am just worried... Worry worry worry. But I am wonderful, as you so kindly pointed out, so I will sort everything out as usual.